Saturday, December 13, 2008
Low Tide
We heard it was the lowest low tide of the year this weekend. I just can't say enough how much I LOVE TIDEPOOLS!
This is aparently called a Sea Hare. I thought it was a shell with a slug-type animal in it but the whole thing was squishy. It looks more like a scary eyeball or a mushroom.
What the heck! can you believe this is the underside of the Sea Hare. It looked like a wrinkled mango. Shaun gave it a big kiss.
This is a red snail. It was very bright, I bet they are all over and we kept missing them cus they are small.
Isn't this guy beautiful?! Doug told me this is a Nudibrach. It was about 1 1/2 inches long. I was afraid someone would step on him, he was not in a very safe spot.
Can you tell what this is? I found this Octopus at Swamis in Encinitas. He was hiding in a hole. His eyes are so cool. He was about the size of my fist.
Shaun found this little guy under a rock. He was flashing blue at us. I know he looks like a puddle but he is strong. See the decoy spot? That looks like an eye to something that might eat him. He was the coolest thing we saw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment